The reception and the formal launching of the project was a glittering affair, hosted by Ambasador Marciano Paynor, Jr. The Filbookfest participants who were invited came from:
- Book publishers, US based publishers of Filipino American authors
- Authors of Filipino heritage from the US and other countries
- Non-Filipino authors of books about the Philippines
- Book exhibitors
- Filipino visual artists, musicians and performers
- Filipino food vendors
- Businesses that target the Filipino American market
- Book lovers
- Literary agents
- Non-profit organizations
- Filipino community associations
- Friends and Trustees of the Libraries
- College students who are Interns of Filbookfest
Pictures of the Launching reception will be posted as soon as I receive them from Ms. Gemma Nemenzo, the Coordinator of the FilBookFest.
Mark your calendars. This event will be held on the 1st and 2nd of October, 2011, to coincide with October, the designated Filipino American month.